The amount of mining licences issued by Saudi Arabia more than tripled year on year in 2025, as the kingdom accelerated the pace of unlocking an estimated $2.5 The amount of mining licences issued by Saudi Arabia more than tripled year on year in 2025, as the kingdom accelerated the pace of unlocking an estimated $2.5

Mining licences triple amid Riyadh’s exploration drive

2026/02/16 14:59
2 min read

The amount of mining licences issued by Saudi Arabia more than tripled year on year in 2025, as the kingdom accelerated the pace of unlocking an estimated $2.5 trillion in mineral wealth.

The number of mining and small-mine exploitation licences reached 61 last year, up from 19 in 2024, Jarrah Aljarrah, a spokesman for the industry and mineral resources ministry, said in a statement.

Total investments in the new licensed projects exceeded SAR44 billion ($11.7 billion), covering the extraction of mineral resources, including gold and phosphate. 

The total number of active mining exploitation licences in the kingdom reached 275 by the end of 2025, covering an area of 2,160 square kilometres.

Aljarrah said the ministry will enable mining investments and facilitate local and international investor participation to maximise sector returns.

The kingdom introduced a landmark law six years ago to attract investment to its mining industry as part of its Vision 2030 programme.

In January, Riyadh awarded new mining exploration contracts to 24 companies within the ninth and largest-ever licensing round for prospectors.

The winning entities were awarded 172 mining sites, including 76 sites that advanced to a multi-round public auction.

Licensing continues through the 10th round, covering 13,000 sq km across Medina, Mecca, Riyadh, Qassim and Hail in the northwest. 

The Saudi government has increased spending on mineral exploration fivefold, from $28 per sq km in 2020 to $144 in 2024, according to vice minister for mining Khalid Almudaifer.

In January, Ma’aden CEO Bob Wilt told the Future Minerals Forum in Riyadh that it plans to invest $110 billion over the next decade, describing it as “the largest capital programme in the history of mining”.

Further reading:

  • Saudi Arabia and UAE said to receive copper from DRC
  • Saudi Arabia lends $40m to build industrial city in Oman
  • Saudi VC fund to localise defence manufacturing
Disclaimer: The articles reposted on this site are sourced from public platforms and are provided for informational purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of MEXC. All rights remain with the original authors. If you believe any content infringes on third-party rights, please contact service@support.mexc.com for removal. MEXC makes no guarantees regarding the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the content and is not responsible for any actions taken based on the information provided. The content does not constitute financial, legal, or other professional advice, nor should it be considered a recommendation or endorsement by MEXC.

You May Also Like

Strategy vergroot BTC voorraad: MSTR aandeel stijgt ondanks druk op Bitcoin koers

Strategy vergroot BTC voorraad: MSTR aandeel stijgt ondanks druk op Bitcoin koers

De MSTR aandelen van MicroStrategy stegen zondag met ongeveer 10% in 24 uur. Die stijging viel samen met een herstel van de Bitcoin koers. Het bedrijf maakte deze
Share
Coinstats2026/02/16 17:17
RBNZ guidance to support richer NZD – BNY

RBNZ guidance to support richer NZD – BNY

The post RBNZ guidance to support richer NZD – BNY appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. BNY’s EMEA Macro Strategist Geoff Yu expects the Reserve Bank of New Zealand
Share
BitcoinEthereumNews2026/02/16 18:36
Palmeiras Defeats River Plate In Epic Copa Libertadores Clash

Palmeiras Defeats River Plate In Epic Copa Libertadores Clash

The post Palmeiras Defeats River Plate In Epic Copa Libertadores Clash appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA – SEPTEMBER 17: Gustavo Gomez of Palmeiras scores the team’s first goal during the Copa CONMEBOL Libertadores 2025 Quarter-final first-leg match between River Plate and Palmeiras at Estadio Más Monumental Antonio Vespucio Liberti on September 17, 2025 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. (Photo by Marcelo Endelli/Getty Images) Getty Images Palmeiras defeated River Plate 2-1 in Buenos Aires on Wednesday night. The Brazilian side will host the second leg of the Copa Libertadores quarter-final in São Paulo next week. Clash Of South American Giants This is the biggest clash in the Copa Libertadores quarter-finals. Palmeiras has won three Copa Libertadores titles, including back-to-back trophies in 2020 and 2021, and River Plate has won the trophy four times, with the last victory coming against rivals Boca Juniors in the 2018 final. Palmeiras’ forward #09 Vitor Roque (L) and River Plate’s Chilean defender #17 Paulo Diaz (R) fight for the ball during the Copa Libertadores quarterfinal first leg football match between Argentina’s River Plate and Brazil’s Palmeiras at the MAS Monumental Stadium in Buenos Aires on September 17, 2025. (Photo by Juan MABROMATA / AFP) (Photo by JUAN MABROMATA/AFP via Getty Images) AFP via Getty Images Both teams have huge fan bases in their respective nations and both are currently competing for their domestic league as well as the continental title. River Plate hosted the first leg at the incredible Estadio Monumental, which hosted the 1978 World Cup final and is now the biggest stadium in South America. Fast Start Takes Palmeiras To Victory Gustavo Gómez opened the scoring for visitors Palmeiras after just six minutes of play. The team in green silenced a sea of red and white with a sucker-punch of a goal from a set-play. New signing from Fulham Andreas Pereira provided the assist and the defender headed…
Share
BitcoinEthereumNews2025/09/18 23:50