The post Novak Djokovic Withdraws From ATP Finals With Injury appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – JANUARY 24: Novak Djokovic of Serbia acknowledges the crowd as he leaves the court after retiring from the Men’s Singles Semifinal against Alexander Zverev of Germany during day 13 of the 2025 Australian Open at Melbourne Park on January 24, 2025 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Darrian Traynor/Getty Images) Getty Images Novak Djokovic won’t be competing in the ATP Finals next week after all. The 38-year-old Serb announced he was withdrawing from the eight-man event after winning his 101st career title over Lorenzo Musetti at the ATP 250 event in Athens. “I was really looking forward to competing in Turin and giving my best but after today’s final in Athens, I’m sad to share that I need to withdraw due to an ongoing injury,” he posted on Instagram. “I’m truly sorry to the fans who were hoping to see me play – your support means so much. “I wish all the players an amazing tournament, and I can’t wait to be back on the court with you all soon.” Djokovic’s withdrawal means that Musetti will get to compete in the event Nov. 9-16. After it had initially been reported that the Serbian legend would play in Turin, Djokovic pumped the brakes earlier this week. “I don’t know where he got that information from,” Djokovic said in Greece, where he’s set to play Thursday in the quarterfinals of the Hellenic Championship. “Definitely not from me or my team. I will decide at the end of this tournament.” “He” in this case refers to the head of Italy’s tennis federation, Angelo Binaghi. “We have confirmation that Djokovic will be in Turin,” Binaghi told Italian radio channel Rai Gr Parlamento on Monday, via The Independent. Djokovic withdrew from the Paris Masters after retiring from his match against Taylor Fritz at… The post Novak Djokovic Withdraws From ATP Finals With Injury appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – JANUARY 24: Novak Djokovic of Serbia acknowledges the crowd as he leaves the court after retiring from the Men’s Singles Semifinal against Alexander Zverev of Germany during day 13 of the 2025 Australian Open at Melbourne Park on January 24, 2025 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Darrian Traynor/Getty Images) Getty Images Novak Djokovic won’t be competing in the ATP Finals next week after all. The 38-year-old Serb announced he was withdrawing from the eight-man event after winning his 101st career title over Lorenzo Musetti at the ATP 250 event in Athens. “I was really looking forward to competing in Turin and giving my best but after today’s final in Athens, I’m sad to share that I need to withdraw due to an ongoing injury,” he posted on Instagram. “I’m truly sorry to the fans who were hoping to see me play – your support means so much. “I wish all the players an amazing tournament, and I can’t wait to be back on the court with you all soon.” Djokovic’s withdrawal means that Musetti will get to compete in the event Nov. 9-16. After it had initially been reported that the Serbian legend would play in Turin, Djokovic pumped the brakes earlier this week. “I don’t know where he got that information from,” Djokovic said in Greece, where he’s set to play Thursday in the quarterfinals of the Hellenic Championship. “Definitely not from me or my team. I will decide at the end of this tournament.” “He” in this case refers to the head of Italy’s tennis federation, Angelo Binaghi. “We have confirmation that Djokovic will be in Turin,” Binaghi told Italian radio channel Rai Gr Parlamento on Monday, via The Independent. Djokovic withdrew from the Paris Masters after retiring from his match against Taylor Fritz at…

Novak Djokovic Withdraws From ATP Finals With Injury

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – JANUARY 24: Novak Djokovic of Serbia acknowledges the crowd as he leaves the court after retiring from the Men’s Singles Semifinal against Alexander Zverev of Germany during day 13 of the 2025 Australian Open at Melbourne Park on January 24, 2025 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Darrian Traynor/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Novak Djokovic won’t be competing in the ATP Finals next week after all.

The 38-year-old Serb announced he was withdrawing from the eight-man event after winning his 101st career title over Lorenzo Musetti at the ATP 250 event in Athens.

“I was really looking forward to competing in Turin and giving my best but after today’s final in Athens, I’m sad to share that I need to withdraw due to an ongoing injury,” he posted on Instagram. “I’m truly sorry to the fans who were hoping to see me play – your support means so much.

“I wish all the players an amazing tournament, and I can’t wait to be back on the court with you all soon.”

Djokovic’s withdrawal means that Musetti will get to compete in the event Nov. 9-16.

After it had initially been reported that the Serbian legend would play in Turin, Djokovic pumped the brakes earlier this week.

“I don’t know where he got that information from,” Djokovic said in Greece, where he’s set to play Thursday in the quarterfinals of the Hellenic Championship. “Definitely not from me or my team. I will decide at the end of this tournament.”

“He” in this case refers to the head of Italy’s tennis federation, Angelo Binaghi.

“We have confirmation that Djokovic will be in Turin,” Binaghi told Italian radio channel Rai Gr Parlamento on Monday, via The Independent.

Djokovic withdrew from the Paris Masters after retiring from his match against Taylor Fritz at the Six Kings Slam exhibition in Saudi Arabia. The Serb battled a leg injury and retired against Fritz after losing the first-set tiebreak.

He then entered the tournament in Greece to get in some matches. And he will end his season on a high note.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2025/11/08/novak-djokovic-withdraws-from-atp-finals-with-injury/

Market Opportunity
OpenLedger Logo
OpenLedger Price(OPEN)
$0.16304
$0.16304$0.16304
+1.17%
USD
OpenLedger (OPEN) Live Price Chart
Disclaimer: The articles reposted on this site are sourced from public platforms and are provided for informational purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of MEXC. All rights remain with the original authors. If you believe any content infringes on third-party rights, please contact service@support.mexc.com for removal. MEXC makes no guarantees regarding the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the content and is not responsible for any actions taken based on the information provided. The content does not constitute financial, legal, or other professional advice, nor should it be considered a recommendation or endorsement by MEXC.